Ryan R. Anderson
Have been polishing my personal brand in an effort to showcase my 21st Century marketing skills in sales and digital marketing to optimize sales funnels and enhance the consumer experience. My background has a key catalyst for understanding inbound marketing tactics: search engine optimization (SEO), email marketing, content marketing and social media. They all fall under a new marketing idea called “growth hacking” which I am highly passionate about and consider myself an aspiring growth hacker. I desire to onboard with a company that is actively unifying its sales and marketing departments, helps foster my own professional development and promotes a work-life balance.
Growth Hacking Skills
250+ campaigns launched providing link building support and social promotion. Worked with other webmasters to place off-site content for SEO purposes. Have keyword research mastered and am currently educating myself online to write HTML, CSS and Ruby in conjunction with my ability to currently read code and work in SEO. Main skill set is in organic, off-site SEO. Have a strong belief in infographics and video content as key catalysts for link earning strategies versus outdated link building strategies.
Content Marketing Skills
Have kept a personal blog for years, ghostwritten when the need and opportunity arises, and have published on Examiner and LinkedIn. Have helped countless clients and collegues set up content marketing strategies with SEO and social media presence in mind. Key points to success include goal setting, content curation, influencer search, timely placement, topical promotion, and audience growth. Have research skills as well as background doing polls, surveys and interviews to create unique content.
Email Marketing Skills
Experience writing and sending mass emails through various platforms including basic Mail Merge. Proficient at creating email newsletters, email follow-up and am creative when designing landing pages for email capture. Created email campaigns for things including events, product promotion, and company news. Leveraging other areas of the marketing mix to help increase subscription rate.
Social Media Skills
Started from Facebook and MySpace and now am active on Twitter and LinkedIn, and am exploring the likes of Instagram, Snapchat, Quora, Periscope, Meerkat and so on an so forth. Am a proficient technology native and have little trouble mastering the chatter, jargon, hashtags and format of each network. Have advocated for years the importance of personal branding and you can see me everywhere with the handle “officialryguy”. I am keen on social advertising and can effectively create contests, games, and deploy content in efforts to gain exposure and grow followship.
Black Hills State University – Spearfish, SD
Sept ’03 – Dec ’08
Bachelor of Science Degree in Business Administration with an emphasis in Marketing.
Sq1 – Portland, OR
Senior SEO Specialist
Aug ’16 – present
- SEO on-site optimization and recommendations
- Technical SEO
- Looking forward to starting a link building and outreach department soon.
Intuitive Digital – Portland, OR
Dec ’15 – Aug ’16
- Perform SEO audits, make technical implementations and make continuous improvements.
- Keyword research, on-site optimization
- Optimize blog content for client blogs, and schedule content.
- Analytics reporting and interpretation
- Developed the companies link acquisition department; methodology and best practices.
Troxell Communications – Phoenix, AZ
K-12 Educational Business Development Executive
Jun ’14 – Jun ‘15
- Google Apps for Education™ and Google Apps for Work™ Certified
- Prospecting, data mining and cold-calling for new account acquisition in under-serviced territories.
- Headed up and developed, along side the Inside Sales Manager, a new business development team. Develop KPIs, write SOPs and look for ways to integrate current information systems into a new CRM for ongoing business development.
- Developing email and call templates for the new department to use. Script writing and A/B testing my own phone conversations and emails sent to develop a process for asking questions and delivering just the right messaging.
TextLinkBrokers.com – Mesa, AZ
Digital Marketing Account Manager
Oct ’12 – Jun ‘14
- Manage on average 65 client accounts at a given time to achieve their online marketing goals (keyword ranking, traffic, and conversions). Strategizing in SEO, Content Marketing, Social Media, and link building tactics to reach these goals and increase client satisfaction and retention.
- Managed $840,000 of client revenue annually and brought in a total of $322,000 of new revenue during the last 12 months of employment. Have recommendations from colleagues and my direct supervisor on my overall performance & aptitude.
- Perform sales calls, presentations, monthly report review, and communicated issues and opportunities to internal departments to enhance the client’s campaign to reach their objectives and/or retain the business accrued to-date.
Helix House Internet Marketing – Scottsdale, AZ
Digital Marketing Account Manager
Jul ’11 – Oct ’12
- Prospecting, networking, and cold-calling for new account acquisitions to sell search engine optimization. Monthly meeting with clients providing placement reporting, call tracking, analytics, and heat-mapping.
- Helped establish social media accounts for small businesses as well as deploy SMS, email and social marketing campaigns for client retention marketing.
American Group – Chandler, AZ
3rd Party Logistics Sales & Dispatch
Apr ’09 – Jun ’11
- Set up new accounts, created quotes and closed new accounts. Answer 100+ calls and sent/received up to 250 emails per day.
- Set up social media profiles (Facebook, Twitter, LinkledIn, Yelp at the time) and started to assist in the companies own SEO and learn more myself in the beginning of the search engine marketing boom.